• Select Create Panels in the Floor Panel Layout menu.
• Select Panel Settings from Create/Modify Panels menu.
The Cantilever Offsets from Supports section lets you define parameters for left/right and start/end cantilevering from structural support for:
• Unassigned - use this parameter when floor boundary is not assigned to a Floor Support. Use Default End Cantilevers (Start/End) to define offsets for newly created panels.
• Structural Wall - use this parameter when floor is assigned to a Floor Support made of structural wall elements. Use this parameter to define start/end offsets from core boundary.
• Structural Framing - use this parameter when floor is assigned to a Floor Support made of structural framing elements (i.e. beams). Use this parameter to define start/end offsets from side surface.
• Grid - use this parameter when floor is assigned to a Floor Support made of grid elements. Use this parameter to define start/end offsets from grid location line.
Global Shared Parameters - software will calculate width and length of floor panels. Assign assembly dimension parameters in Global Shared Parameters. When panels are generated, width, length, height, and depth parameter values will be generated automatically and inserted into corresponding Identity Data fields. You can also create your own parameters.
Floor Types - allows you to select which floor type will be used. Penetration holes and type can also be defined.
Precast Floor is a floor type which will be used for generating panels. Sizes defined in Panel Layout Settings (i.e. panel width) will be the generic layout width. Chosen Precast Floor type will be used for generating panels at generic layout widths (e.g. 600mm)
Cast in Place Floor is a floor type which will be used when the floor panel layout is an abnormal size (e.g. greater than 600 mm)
Offset from Level - allows you to offset Cast in Place Floor type from level.
Note: Precast Floor type is a level reference point. Offsets will be calculated from Precast Floor.
Hole Types - software comes with generic penetration hole families. You can modify or create your own new hole families.
Once Panel Layout Settings and Create Panel - Panel Settings are ready, you can Create Panels for Floor's Face or Create Panels for the whole Floor.
Created panels can further be modified/updated/deleted or joined.
For a faster workflow, you can simply define panel layout and create panels with only a few clicks.