Smart Assemblies allows you to automatically create and place Legends on a Sheet for Assemblies that have Shop Drawing Configurations (SDC) with Sheet Template and Legend Views.
Legends are Views, but in Revit these Views cannot be created as separate views for an Assembly.
To add Legends to your Assembly sheet, you need to drag them from the Project Browser and place them on the Assembly sheet.
1. In the Shop Drawings Configuration window, add a view and select it to be a Legend.
2. In View Template column, select which Legend you want to create for assemblies with this configuration.
3. Create Smart Assembly.
4. Drag views to Assembly Sheet.
5. Drag Legends to Assembly Sheet.
6. Return to Shop Drawings Configuration and select this Sheet to be a Sheet Template.
7. Now Create other Assemblies by using this Configuration.
All these new Assemblies will have Legends placed on the Sheet automatically at the same location as in Sheet Template.